We always encourage our members to keep their eye out for potential members that can help carry on the traditions, sportsmanship and legacy of the GHHC. Guidelines for membership are outlined on this page. Membership is by invitation only, and members may invite guests whom they believe will perpetuate the high standards of membership. If you have stumbled upon this website by chance and don’t know any members, feel free to give our Chairman a call if you are interested. He will get to know you and share the qualities required for membership.
Once you have hunted with us as a guest, your qualifications are promoted by the Jeep Captains to the Top Cat, who makes a recommendation to the Chairman. The Chairman may then nominate you for membership, and the Board discusses your merits and may then extend a membership invitation to you. The roster is limited, so it is not unusual to have a waiting list. The Chairman extends an invitation to each year’s hunt to all members by email; be advised that we only accommodate 20 people in camp for each hunt, and reservations are on a first come first serve basis, depending on the date of receipt of your reservation request and deposit; so your timely response is imperative. Members get first crack at the opportunity and then we have guests take up any open spots. We hunt in the second and third rifle seasons, and we hunt with a member assigned as your “Jeep Captain”, which is basically an unpaid guide. We typically have full hunts and given the success of recent years, we are anticipating another full and prosperous hunting season for this year.
Please read our rules carefully and then contact us to begin the process.
GRAND HOTEL HUNT CLUB RULES AND REGULATIONS – 2016 EDITION
- Last jeep thru any gate is responsible for leaving the gate in the condition found by the first jeep thru, if traveling in convoy. Failure to close any previously closed gate costs the responsible jeep $5.
- Failure of a Jeep to arrive at its assigned post, on time, with hunters dropped off as directed by the Top Cat will result in a $1 fine for the Jeep Captain. Any rider reported by the Jeep Captain to be the cause of his failure to report as directed will be fined $1, and may have to walk home.
- Hunters/walkers are to follow Jeep Captain directions explicitly. Dummying-up will result in a $1 fine. Obstinance resulting in unfollowed directions is a $5 fine.
- $1 fine for being late for any meal
- $1 fine for sleeping in (plus cold water treatment)
- $1 fine for being in kitchen area except on official business, or blessed by Maitre D’
- $1 fine for not having prior arrangements made to tag the animal you shoot
- $1 fine for not bringing in liver
- $1 fine for leaving personal property in meeting or dining rooms (items are subject to auction)
- $1 fine for littering
- $1 fine for disrespecting the Jeep Captain or Officer of the Day. $5 fine for disrespecting TC
- $1 fine for wearing cap/hat in meeting or dining rooms
- $1 fine for talking out of order during meeting
- $1 fine for unbearably loud snoring
- $1 fine for loud or excessively stinky farting in the lodge
- $2 fine for relieving yourself within 10 paces of the lodge
- $2 extra fine for “porch pissing”
- $2 fine for failure to wear a collared shirt to dinner
- $2 fine for wearing outside shoes anywhere in cabin except dressing area
- $2 fine for any asshole shot (behind the ribs)
- $2 fine for everyone in jeep for not hanging all game on rack immediately upon returning to camp
- $2 fine for not immediately tagging animal after hanging on rack
- $2 fine for emptying gun without a kill
- $5 fine for having a shell in the barrel of any gun in any vehicle
- $5 fine for bringing any gun into the lodge without an open action
- $5 fine for having a shell in any gun in the lodge
- $5 fine for drinking alcoholic beverage in the field
- $5 fine for getting unruly or mad during the meeting
- $5 fine for not helping retrieve an animal off the mountain
- $5 fine for not helping to field dress any animal killed by your jeep
- $5 fine for getting too drunk or too loud
- $50 penalty for any late payments when due
Note that bedtime is 10:00 PM. Lights go out in bunk room at 9:30 PM